1. I share specific notebooks with students that they join. These notebooks are assignments, handouts, notes, etc.
2. I tell students they can download Evernote for their phone if they choose to receive reminders. They download Evernote and turn notifications on for their device.
3. I create notes in the notebooks I want students to access. When I create the note, I set a reminder for the day and time I want the students to receive the reminder.
I always set the reminder for my students for the end of the school day.
4. When the time comes, a notification will appear on their phone at 3:05 reminding the of the homework for the day.
5. I can review all of my reminders in the notebook and check them off when they have been completed.
This is a simple way for me to send another reminder to my students that they have something to do before they go home. I look to do some other things with the reminders as well. I can pass along messages of encouragement in notebooks and set a timer for their reminder. I can set long term notifications for projects to help them stay organized. I'm sure there are many more ways I can use reminders to help my students. Leave any ideas you might have in the comment section.