There is something valuable to be learned when tech behaves badly. Kids need to be reminded to save work regularly and have back ups just in case. The vast majority of my students have not had any problems using Evernote or saving information, I just hate seeing a few struggle because of technical errors outside of their control.
Students started taking class notes this week and reading stories on-line. It has been a really great combination for my class. I have had multiple students tell me that they used their personal devices to access the stories, the notes and write their responses all away from their home. Kids are really investing in the time and energy it takes to learn the new system and are finding the places to integrate it into their lives. As time goes by, more students will become more comfortable with the system and do some cool things with their accounts.
I have two teachers that have started to use Evernote in my building since introducing the system to them and I have another two that are interested in moving their notes, lessons, assignments, etc to Evernote as well. It is so exciting to see teachers excited to learn new things. The two that are already using it have expressed utter joy at being able to easily share information with students and staff. It really has changed they way the approach the classroom.
Things I've seen with Evernote:
- Student took a picture of my notes on the board after I was done to add to their Evernote account
- Student took down the email address of the students at his table to contact if he was out for the day
- Students sharing notes to other that have missed school
- Students wrote their entire essay in Evernote and then submitted it to Turnitin.com
- Students typing up blog posts on Evernote and then posting them to their Blogger Account.
These are just a few things I have seen the past couple of weeks. I can't wait to share more of what the kids are doing.
Post a Comment
Please post your thoughts here. Thanks!